26 Sep 2016
Keeping your vacation rental fully stocked is a key factor to providing a great experience for your guests. Most of your guests walk into your home expecting the essentials. Can you imagine having to bring your own toilet paper or soap to a hotel room? Neither can they. Your guests pay good money to stay in your home, and don't want to have to purchase their own basic supplies. They are even more delighted when they see that you've gone above and beyond to provide a little something extra to enjoy as well.
Vacation rentals in Tahoe are very seasonal with the majority of bookings being made during the summer, holidays, and winter weekends (snow dependent). During these busy times supplies can quickly run out, so it's important to keep track of what you have on hand. Tahoe Rental Company will notify you when we notice you are running low or run out of supplies, but being proactive is the best way to assure your guests always have what they need. We always suggest that you purchase your supplies in bulk to save time and money. And don't forget, you need to have these items in a locked owners closet to keep them safe and abundant.
Below you will find three lists:
1) Everyday essentials that need to be restocked throughout the year.
2) Items that provide a little something extra and make guests want to stay longer and return again for more.
3) Featured items to have on hand in your home for guest use. Usually one time purchases.
These items are used by both guests and/or housekeeping and need to be replenished often.
- Dish soap
- Sponges (1 sponge is used for each arrival so a large pack is best)
- Dishwasher detergent
- Kitchen trash bags
- Blue bags for recycling (if you have a recycling can)
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Small Bar Soaps (1 or 2 per bathroom is used for each arrival) or Shower Gel for each shower
- Liquid Hand Soap for each bathroom and the kitchen
- Large bottle of hand soap to refill dispensers (optional)
- Light bulbs
- Batteries for all remote controls and fire alarms
A Little Something Extra for Your Guests:
- Blue Bags for Recycling. Many of our Tahoe guests want to recycle so you should provide a recycling can for them. It also saves you money on trash removal.
- Shampoo/Conditioner for each shower
- Tissue in each bathroom
- Pantry items such as salt, pepper, spices, oil, vinegar, etc.
Below are some great items to have at your home as a featured amenity. Providing these may make the difference between someone choosing to stay at your home over another. Remember to notify Tahoe Rental Company if you purchase any of these items so we can add it to your listing.
- Beach towels
- Fans for each bedroom (Tahoe summers are getting hotter and hotter every year)
- Portable heaters for each bedroom (especially if you have a multi-floor home with uneven heat)
- Humidifier - Tahoe is dry and can be difficult for some people to get sleep
- High Chair
- Pack n Play
- Baby gates
- Beach chairs
- DVDs or access to Hulu/Netflix
Of course the above lists are just a snippet of what is needed to make your Tahoe vacation rental a success. The more useful items you have, the better the guest experience. Contact Tahoe Rental Company today to see how we can help you prepare for your guests or how we can help you manage your home.