Local Coronavirus Updates, Policies & Procedures from Tahoe Rental Company
In conjunction with the Gov. Gavin Newsom orders to Californians to "stay at home" order and the federal government’s recommendation to “avoid discretionary travel” to slow the spread of this virus, we have proactively decided not to host guests at this time.
Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with everyone impacted by this crisis.
What does this mean to you, our guests, and homeowners?
- All guest reservations scheduled between now and the middle of June will be canceled. Please contact us at (530) 583-7488 for more info on our current refund and reservations change policies.
- At this time, existing reservations after June 20th are being honored, until further notice.
- We are currently accepting new reservations for June 20th and beyond, until further notice.
- We will re-evaluate our current booking policies once the new ordinance is lifted or modified.
- We are choosing to be on offense against the COVID-19 and its implications.
- Our number one priority during this ever-changing time is people: families, guests, owners, staff, and our Tahoe community.
- This proactive decision was made after carefully examining and discussing guidelines provided by WHO, CDC, a California State Department of Health, and other credible resources.
- While mid June is the target date to reopen, rest assured, we are following recommended guidelines and protocols to determine when it is best to safely reopen – to ensure families, guests, and team members return to a healthy and safe place to live, work, and enjoy.
- We are continually keeping up with daily developments and will update this page with any company changes as they happen.
For more information regarding your existing reservation, call (530) 583-7488 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
Looking forward to seeing you at beautiful Lake Tahoe soon and being part of your next vacation. Thank you for your understanding.